DIY Appetizer Bites
This is a fun and easy way to incorporate your wedding color scheme into the appetizers! Also, if you’re working on a tight budget these deviled eggs are light on your wallet. Need we say more? They’re very cute, fun and delicious!
- Large eggs
- Food coloring of choice
- Dijon mustard
- Finely chopped scallions
- Kosher salt
- Toppings of choice (i.e. crumbled queso fresco, mint, minced jalapeño, minced beets, etc.)
- Fill a large bowl with ice and cold water and set aside. Place eggs in a large saucepan, add cold water to cover by 2″ and bring to a rolling boil.
- Remove from heat, cover and let stand for 10 minutes. Drain and transfer eggs to ice water.
- When eggs are cool, peel and place in another large bowl containing the food coloring of choice and refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- Dry eggs and halve lengthwise. Scoop yolks into a medium bowl. Add scallions, mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, kosher salt, and a tad bit of water and stir until smooth, thinning with additional water if necessary.
- Spoon yolk mixture into white egg halves and garnish as preferred.